[Evolution] "Evolution can not start" dialog

Every now and then when I start evolution, I get the dialog:
---
Evolution can not start.

Your system configuration does not match your Evolution configuration.

Click help for details
---
When I click help, a browser opens to

http://go-evolution.org/FAQ#What_does_.22Your_system_configuration_does_not_match_your_Evolution_configuration.22_mean.3F

which simply says:

---
From Evolution

(There is currently no text in this page)
---

This has been happening ever since I installed 2.6, and now 2.6.1.  The
funny thing is, sometimes it happens when I've just logged in, and
sometimes it happens when I've started evolution successfully, and then
quited and tried to start again.

In any case, logging off and on again fixes it.

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.  Any ideas?

many thanks,

Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.