Re: [Evolution] Evolution starts only with --offline option

hi kimmo,

Am Montag, den 22.05.2006, 18:04 +0300 schrieb K. Elo:
SuSE, Evolution was upgraded from 2.4.x to 2.6

Since upgraded, Evolution freezes when started normally (i.e. in the
'online' mode). However, when started with the '--offline'-option,
Evolution starts without problems and no problems occur when I start
working online again.

Does Evolution also freeze when you start Evolution in --online-mode
when you're actually offline (=no internet connection available)?

When started from console, following messages appear before Evo freezes:
[...]
When started by entering 'evolution --offline' the following messages
appear when switched to online mode again:
[...]

no messages that have to do with your problem.

Is there any additional
information missing now I could post [and please, if I should debug this
problem, please post the exact console command for doing this, 'cause I
have no experience in 'hacking Evo' :) ]

If Evolution freezes, you can run Evolution in gdb (the Gnome Debugger):
   $ gdb evolution
After that, type "run" and hit the Enter key.
When Evolution hangs, hit "Control + C", enter "thread apply all bt"
and post the output here or file a new bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org

You can also set CAMEL_DEBUG=all as an environment setting before
starting Evolution to get more information, see
http://gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml for more information.
(For your interest: Camel is Evolution's mail access library.)

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!