Re: [Evolution] Evolution can not start

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 10:03 -0400, Downing, Thomas wrote:
Hi,

I just finished building Evolution 2.6.1 against Gnome 2.14
with no errors.

When I try to run evolution I get a dialog with caption -

"Cannot start Evolution"

The dialog contents are

"Evolution can not start

Your system configuration does not match your Evolution
configuration.

Your Bonobo XML file is wrong. From the Evolution README:

       * Edit the bonobo-activation-config.xml file (which is
          normally found in /etc/bonobo-activation/) to include the
          location where you are installing Evolution.

          In the example given above (GNOME in /usr, Evolution and
          dependencies in /opt/evolution), your
          bonobo-activation-config.xml will have to look like this:

              <?xml version="1.0"?>
              <oafconfig>
                <searchpath>
                  <item>/usr/lib/bonobo/servers</item>
                  <item>/opt/evolution/lib/bonobo/servers</item>
                </searchpath>
              </oafconfig>

poc