Re: [Evolution] Mail notification for 2.6

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 09:27 -0400, James Pifer wrote:

I have tried mail-notification in the past and haven't had a lot of
success, but I'm trying it again. Already having a couple problems.

If it's patched for your version of evolution (I think you said you were
using 2.6?), when you select the evolution mailbox type, you should see
your list of evolution folders.  If not, then it's probably not patched
properly.

When I install it with yum I get this:

I don't use yum or redhat, so I can't help you there, sorry.

When I run it and try to setup the mailbox for evolution it says it
can't contact evolution and make sure the plugin is loaded. I have
verified that New Mail Notification plugin is enabled in Evo.

Is the I/O error above the problem? I can load that URL fine with
firefox so I don't know why the installation is having an issue.

Again, don't know about yum, but I don't think it's the problem.  Have
you tried <your-distribution>-users mailing list?  They can be very
helpful.  If that fails, go to bugzilla.redhat.com and search for (or
raise) the bug there.  I'm sure they'd like to know if its not working.
Don't give up - even if it takes some effort, it's always worth it.

When I was little, I went into a pet shop and they asked how big I'd get.
                -- Rodney Dangerfield