Re: [Evolution] Lots of questions

Here is a lot of questions I had with evolution 2.4 . They are still there
with the upgrade in 2.6 (Debian Unstable) :

Picking up some loose ends not addressed already...

2- Since 2.6 , I can't connect in imaps on my imap server. But it's
allready ok by sending mail with smtp/tls . IMAP connection works great.

Check your account settings again. Since 2.6, the "secure connection"
options nor finally do state, what they provide. Though updating should
not change anything, since nothing changed under the hood. This merely
was a clean-up of the UI.

Note, that SSL and TLS are now mentioned explicitly in the UI, and they
don't use the same port. The default port for IMAPS (IMAP over SSL) is
933, while IMAP with TLS uses port 143, which is the same as plain IMAP.
If you happen to use a different port than this on your server, you can
provide the (non-default) port by adding it to the server, separated by
a colon:

  imap.server.net:993

However, specifying the port is not necessary, when using the default
port for the (secure) connection.

3- When i wanna see an html mail with pictures found from internet, the
preview came back at the bottom of the mail and I can't read the top of
the mail cause the preview always came down. I haven't this bug when
pictures are composed in the mail.

4- When i click on an http link in a mail, the preview came back at the
bottom of the mail. But this time, I can scroll up in the mail :-)

Hmm, reminds me of the Caret Mode also...

If you happen to have enabled Caret Mode (possibly by hitting F7
accidentally) and don't need it, try *dis*abling it.

  View / Caret Mode

6- Since evolution 2.4 , it was working on evolution 2.2 , I can't use the
contacts picked from exchange/contacts. The addressbook seems to be empty.
It is probably not connected .

You don't happen to still have a search active, do you?

...guenther