Re: [Evolution] Cleaning up Evo's cache

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 15:58 +0530, B S Srinidhi wrote:
I *had* an IMAP folder that housed close to 5000 emails. Since, that was
taking quite some amount of space on the server and the fact that I was
not able to read all those emails, I decided to delete the directory
from the server. The directory does not exist anymore on the server, but
almost all of it remains in Evo's cache.

How can I delete this directory (and many others) from the cache?

Would it be enough to delete the directory from
$HOME/.evolution/mail/imap/accountname/folders/INBOX/subfolders/ ???

I have never tried deleting individual directories from the imap tree.
However I do fairly frequently blow away everything under
$HOME/.evolution/mail/imap/ without encountering any problems (however
schedule this for a time when you are near to your imap server - doing
then when you are on low or laggy bandwidth to the server is likely to
result in frustration).

I do completely shut down evolution before lobotomising it (ie evolution
--force-shutdown).

        Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]