Re: [Evolution] exchange connector

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:54 -0500, Bhaskar, KS wrote:
Brett --

I have tried setting up the particulars of the Exchange service with
ximian-connector-setup and from within evolution.  Neither works.  I
posted to this list asking for help.  I am happy to debug it and post
instructions on what it takes to get it working to the list, but someone
needs to guide me or point me to some documentation.  Until then, Andre,
I and doubtless several others are unable to connect to an Exchange
server with OWA.

I just recently managed to get my Evolution working with our work
Exchange server. In my case the issue was that I didn't have the
evolution-plugins package installed on my Debian Sid system. I'm using
Evolution 2.4 with the plugins package now, and everything works fine.
You just have to make sure that the Exchange plugin is enabled (under
Edit -> Plugins).

This will let you put in full connection parameters from within
Evolution when you go to set up an Exchange account. I had very little
success with the ximian-connector-setup due to some Active Directory
lookup errors, but the built-in account setup (with the plugin) worked
just fine. Hope that helps.

--
Alex Malinovich