Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Exchange 2003

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 15:30 -0700, Sturgis, Grant wrote:
Greetings List,

My apologies if this has been covered.  I perused the archives and did
not see anything relevant.

I am trying to get Evolution working with MS Exchange 2003.  Retrieving
messages works fine, but I cannot send.  I have chosen "Microsoft
Exchange" for the Server Type on the Sending Mail tab.  When I send a
message the error I get is:

"Server won't accept mail via Exchange transport"

Any suggestions on what could be going wrong here?

Thanks,

Grant

  Hello Grant,
          I has a problem like that once, maybe related. The system here
will accept various incoming email addresses and pass them to me - I had
given one of those. But the server knew I had one correct form, and
until I changed my evolution settings to be the same as that it did
not send a mail for me.
   Could that be relevant?
   Bill