[Evolution] How to set up folder shortcuts now that the feature is gone?

I really, really, really miss folder shortcuts that were available in
v1.4.  Now that I'm running v2.2.3, I'm wondering if there is anyway to
duplicate that functionalilty.  Vfolders are useless in this regard for
2 reasons:

1) Can't create "groups" of vfolders (you could create groups of
shortcuts so you only saw what was in the group)

2) Can't add to a vfolder since it's not the real folder.  You can add
to a shortcut since it just points to a real folder.

I can't believe this useful feature was taken out just to make Evolution
look more like Outlook.  There's gotta be a way...
--
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: adam scan mc xerox com

Disclaimer: All views expressed
here have been proved to be my own.  [http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/]