Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4.2.1 and LDAP addressbook

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:06:40 +0200, Juergen Dankoweit wrote:

This happens after you try to copy?
Yes.
If I store a new contact in the global address book via new->new contact
then I see the new contact in the list. But after Evo is restarted the
contact is gone. With GQ I see it!

Something weird is going on.  You
mentioned that you can still read the entries with GQ...
Yes! The most.

Now I found a kind of pattern: If the contact has too much entries, then
Evolution does NOT store it in the LDAP database. If the contact has
only a few entries then it is stored in the database, but it is only
visible with GQ.

I suspect that there's something wrong in your LDAP server setup.  I'm
using slapd+Evos on a small network (<10 workstations) for years and
never had such problems.  In any event, you should be able to read
your entries with Evo/GQ or any LDAP client.

If you're willing to investigate this further, please mail me offlist
your slapd.conf (removing any sensitive info) and two exported in LDIF
format example contacts - one that you're able to view in GQ and one
that is apparently not added.

Also it's worth to try with latest Evo/e-d-s, although I'm quite
confident that this is not an Evolution issue.

--
JID: doganov jabber minus273 org