Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4.2.1 and LDAP addressbook

Juergen Dankoweit wrote:

today I have given up using a global address book with Evolution
2.4.2.1. The most angry point is that I have spent hours with
that...

I'm using it at work, no complaints from the colleagues so far.
However, I never copy local entries to the LDAP server.  Not all
attributes are included in evolutionperson.schema and this causes
trouble.

With Evo 2.0.3 it works perfect!

Worked for me as well in the past.

Yes. Here is the relevant part of
the /usr/lopcal/etc/openldap/slapd.conf:
[...]
# fuer Evolution
include /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/evolution-data-server-1.4/evolutionperson.schema

Ok. this is the first thing to check.

Here is the debug output from slapd (slapd ... - d127):

ldap_read: want= 8 error= Resource temporarily unavailable
ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno= 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
do_abandon: op= 4 not found
daemon: select: listen=3D6 active_threads= 0 tvp= NULL

This happens after you try to copy?  Something weird is going on.  You
mentioned that you can still read the entries with GQ...