Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4.2.1 and LDAP addressbook

I'm using it at work, no complaints from the colleagues so far.
However, I never copy local entries to the LDAP server.  Not all
attributes are included in evolutionperson.schema and this causes
trouble.

With Evo 2.0.3 it works perfect!

Worked for me as well in the past.

This happens after you try to copy?
Yes.
If I store a new contact in the global address book via new->new contact
then I see the new contact in the list. But after Evo is restarted the
contact is gone. With GQ I see it!

Something weird is going on.  You
mentioned that you can still read the entries with GQ...
Yes! The most.

Now I found a kind of pattern: If the contact has too much entries, then
Evolution does NOT store it in the LDAP database. If the contact has
only a few entries then it is stored in the database, but it is only
visible with GQ.

It would be much better to test this behaviour if two things would be
better: performance and the fear of loosing all emails because of many
restarts (I had this on two machines, everything was gone, I was very
angry).

Best regards

JÃrgen

--
This e-mail was scanned with a private,
non-commercial version of AntiVir MailGate.