Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4.2.1 and LDAP addressbook

Hello Yavor,

[...]
The problem is solved.
I found out that these troubles are a result of some (heavy) bugs:
(1) Evolution wants the slapd for its own, no other databases should be
stored with the slapd which serves the global address book. I found this
after deleting the whole LDAP database and reconstructing ONLY the
address book part -> it runs perfect now
(2) If you are using the global address book you HAVE to enter the first
letter of a surname or first name to see an entry! This is completely
against the usage of the local address books where you don't need to
enter any letters to see the whole list! A defined filter is not stored
(why not?!?!?)

Now I have two LDAP daemons: one for Evolution and one for the rest
(single sign on!). That's not good!

Best regards

JÃrgen

--
This e-mail was scanned with a private,
non-commercial version of AntiVir MailGate.