[Evolution] Re: particular mail crashing Evo (was: Re: Evolution not working - can't find a solution!)

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 01:58 +0200, guenther wrote:
On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 23:13 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:

I just got a crash because of a mail. I don't use the preview pane, and
successfully viewed it in IMP. The attachment is a JPEG, about 400k in
size. I'm on 2.6.0, as you can see, installed from one of the SuSE 10.0
apt repositories. This is the first time I've had such a crash; however
2.6.0 is new to SuSE - I only installed it a week or so ago. No further
updates are available yet.

I can forward the message if it would help debug this. Just let me
know...

Now this is interesting. I got a mail on my todo list I got recently,
with a 294 kByte TIFF attachment (entire mail 400 kByte due to base64
encoding of the attachment).

Des, I sure would be interested in that mail. Please send it off-list
with the mail either attached or (preferably) the raw saved mail
attached in an archive. Well, you may just as well open a new bug in
bugzilla and attach the raw mail to it. A stacktrace would be useful,
too. If you prefer, I can do this for you and gather a stacktrace with
debugging symbols.

Guenther,

When you say "raw saved mail", am I right in thinking you mean via
"File, Save Message"?

I'd be happy to send it to you.

Since you explicitly mentioned you do not use the (pre)view pane [1],
that particular mail crashed Evo for you on opening and displaying the
mail only, right?

Yes, that's correct.

Des

...guenther

[1] I hate to call it pre-view, cause it is not. There is nothing being
    *pre* viewed. That embedded pane displays the exact same data, as
    opening a dedicated mail window does.
    FWIW, due to this, it does not matter if one is using the (pre)view
    pane or not, if the crash happens on viewing the mails contents.

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support