Re: [Evolution] evolution and large mails

[ large dump of random requests from bugzilla snipped ]

13. Make "Hide Read messages" a toggle, like "Hide Deleted messages". Or
(less radical) a keyboard accelerator for hiding read messages. I use
this a *lot* for some folders.

For a very similar thing I use Saved Searches. One of them: Display
unread mail, include the entire thread. That way, I even have those
unread mails in context, which I believe to be most valuable. (Search /

Such a saved search is accessible easily via keyboard by Alt+S <number>,
and can be cleared by Alt-S C, for example. That would be pretty much
what you asked for, possible right now.

[...]
I'm sure I can think of more, and no doubt others have their favourites
too. For example all my requests are to do with mail as I never use Evo
for anything else. Note that I've registered a number of these with
Bugzilla going back a few years in some cases, and no dice so far.

While most of them really would be nice to have features, there are
numerous reason for them not being done by now.

It's not that there is no one working on Evo, fixing bugs and
implementing new features. But most of these aren't exactly high
priority issues either. But well, I really don't wanna contribute to a
pet peeve flame war. And yes, I sure do have a list of my own...

Anyway, feel free pick up either of your personal pet peeves. I recall
something about scratching an itch. And Evo was Free Software last time
I checked... [1]

...guenther

[1] While there is a kernel of truth in there, I am mostly teasing right
    now. No, I really do not want to start a flame war.