Re: [Evolution] Downloading pictures

I am unable to get many html emails to show pictures.  I have the
address that the email is coming from in my address book.  I have load
images if sender is in address book enabled.  Why am I not able to get
the pictures in the html emails?  attached emails are there.  I have to
click the arrow to show.  is there a way to make that automatic also if
the sender is in the address book?

Hmm, this is a little bit confusing. Are you talking about one issue
here, only? Is the one about "attached emails" a second issue?

If I understand this correctly, there are images not being displayed in
the HTML mail, although they are actually present and attached to the
mail. You get a button and drop down for any of those images. Is that
correct?

I do see similar things, although mainly for phishing mail. The image is
attached, but is not displayed inline. Unfortunately I do not know why
this is, but I am pretty positive that either  (a) the attachment CID is
broken in one way (if the image will not be displayed inline, even after
clicking the attachment drop down) or  (b) the content disposition is
not set to inline (if the image is displayed inside the HTML mail after
clicking the attachment drop down).

AFAIK this is unrelated to the "load images if sender is in address
book" options. This option is about downloading images from webservers
only -- which is the case if the image is not attached to the mail.

If you could send me one of those messages, that most likely would help
in finding out details about the issue. HTH

...guenther