Re: [Evolution] delay when sending mail

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:30 -0400, James White wrote:
My current experience with Evolution is that everything happens
instantly.  It loads in less than two seconds,

What Loads in less than 2 seconds? Evo? Perhaps you don't have like 7G
worth of emails in a variety of folders living off an XFS 5400 laptop
HD. :-)

 it sends immediately and
there are no pauses as I view messages.

Some pauses when decoding some largish files.

My mail servers are NOT particularly fast, neither is my P4/500MB
computer (Gentoo Linux, Gnome Desktop).

So while this isn't a solution, it is certainly part of the original
question.  Why is Evolution so slow for some people and not for others?

Perhaps it cos we use Gentoo? haha..
--
Ow Mun Heng <Ow Mun Heng wdc com>