Re: [Evolution] Status of Evolution and Exchange

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 14:45 +0000, Nathan Broderick wrote:
Ade seems to be having the same problems as myself with the connector.
The problems seem to be a combination of Fedora Core 5 and the
Evolution Exchange connector.  I never had any problems with Fedora
Core 4 and the connector.  I have two systems with Fedora Core 5 (one
is 64 bit) and they both have the same issues connecting to the
exchange server using the Evolution connector.   Ever since I've moved
to Fedora 5, I have not been able to get my emails once.  Evolution
will come up and my folders will show emails are available, but then
nothing will show up.  It's not an authentication issue.  I've also
been running yum updates regularly in order to get the latest code in
hopes I can use Evolution soon.  For a temporary workaround, I've been
using Thunderbird.

Evolution itself has IMAP support. You can configure an IMAP account in
addition to your exchange account and use it as a backup. This way if
you have any problem with mails(exchange), you can still choose to use
Evolution for Calendaring(exchange) and IMAP for Mails.

If I could send debug information out to somebody I would be glad to
help out.  I really miss using Evolution since it is the best email
client for Linux I have used.

Sankar

 Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterprise™