[Evolution] gnome-vfs and remote systems

Is there a reason why, when navigating the filesystem via (say) the file
attach dialog that remote gnome-vfs filesystems are not available?  In
many other applications I can navigate to a remote server that I have
configured.  Not so in evolution.  It's quite annoying to have to open a
remote filesystem in nautilus just to drag a file to my desktop so that
evolution can attach it.

Thots?

b.

Brian J. Murrell