Re: [Evolution] Another tedious hamfisted administrator with a silly question

Thank to everyone that replied, after much sacrificing of virgins (and
it was hard work finding one of those in London town, I can tell you), I
did eventually get it installed. Susarla was correct, it was a location
of libraries issue.

Eventually resolved it by getting the mozilla-nspr and mozilla-nss rpms
(including dev versions) extracting the files and placing where they
would be installed by the rpm.

Then a custom install configuration script - calling the correct
libraries

ben chudley:~/evolution/evolution-data-server-1.4.2.1$ more newconfig.sh
./configure --with-nspr-includes=/usr/include/mozilla-1.7.12/nspr
--with-nss-inc
ludes=/usr/include/mozilla-1.7.12/nss --with-nspr-libs=/usr/lib
--with-nss-libs=
/usr/lib
ben chudley:~/evolution/evolution-data-server-1.4.2.1$

The credit for this cunning plan goes to my colleague, Sean - hats off
to him. Incidentally he had the same problem with Fedora - so it would
appear to be not Debian related.

Now to decide whether to go to Sid.....

Thank you again, one and all for your help