Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

Iain Buchanan wrote:
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 19:35 +0000, Trey Ethridge wrote:
-- "Trey Ethridge" <tale juno com> wrote:
Hello all,

I've done a lot of searching for a simple new mail notify applet
that listens for the dbus message sent by evolution when new mail
messages arrive. However, I can't find it.

[snip]

I know about the applet called mail-notify, but I would rather use
an applet that listened for the dbus message instead of it checking
my mail just like evolution does.

It is available at http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/ for those
interested.

HTH,

There was a response a while ago on this list to this question. I'm using (the extremely bare-bones-but-dbus-based) em-panel-applet-0.2 for this purpose. Found it from the email here a while ago.

I searched google for em-panel-applet-0.2 on google, and on the first page of results found this link:

http://www.gnome.org/~gicmo/random/em-panel-applet-0.2.tar.gz

That's the version I'm using.

It should be (more-or-less) what you're looking for.