[Evolution] Spell Checker Appears to be Working but Isn't

Environment:
Fedora Core 4
evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4
evolution-data-server-1.2.3-3.fc4
evolution-webcal-2.2.0-1
evolution-connector-2.2.2-5
gtkspell-2.0.7-3
aspell-0.50.5-6
gnome-spell-1.0.5-10
aspell-en-0.51-12

Hopefully someone can help me because I'm stumped! During a fairly
recent upgrade of evolution (not exactly sure when) my spell checker
within evolution stopped working. No matter what dictionary I select
(British, American or Canadian) the spell checker reports "No mispelled
words found", even though there clearly is.

Has anyone had this problem, or even better have a solution :-)

Gavin