Re: [Evolution] Spell Checker Appears to be Working but Isn't

hi gavin,

Am Donnerstag, den 12.01.2006, 12:59 +1300 schrieb Gavin Young:
evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4
aspell-0.50.5-6
gnome-spell-1.0.5-10
aspell-en-0.51-12

Hopefully someone can help me because I'm stumped! During a fairly
recent upgrade of evolution (not exactly sure when) my spell checker
within evolution stopped working. No matter what dictionary I select
(British, American or Canadian) the spell checker reports "No mispelled
words found", even though there clearly is.

you have gnome-spell >= 1.0.5, aspell and aspell-en installed, that
looks good. you also have corresponding aspell binary and dictionary
versions.

you can check gnome-enabled dictionaries by using gconf-editor. the
gconf key
  /GNOME/Spell/language
should contain a space-separated list of the languages you have enabled
(i.e. "en-US es" for US english and Spain).

it's not the way-to-go, but according to two user postings on the
Evolution mailing list, spellchecking worked again after shutting
evolution down by closing evolution, then running "evolution
--force-shutdown" and then removing the file
  $HOME/.gconf/GNOME/Spell/%gconf.xml
so all your spellchecking settings get deleted and recreated. :-/

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!