Re: [Evolution] Palms and Evolution

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 13:40 +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 13:35 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
That would be the way, BUT gnome-pilot support for palm has been broken
for over a year now and nobody seems to care.

On your distro maybe ;)

It works fine on Mandriva 2006, I use it every morning..

I compiled and installed the latest version from source...

There is a bug report on gnome-pilot's bugzilla, with a lot of
"metoo's", but nobody has answered.

The problem must be in gnome-pilot, as pilot-link (which gnome-pilot
uses) works correctly.

This is the issue I have been having too, the main reason I asked the
list my questions.  I have been syncing the rest of the thing just fine
for backups using kpilot.  That part isn't having problems.  But just
installing gnome-pilot and the other parts doesn't seem to get anything
done.  I use the Mandriva club releases as soon as they come out too...
so it isn't that I don't have up to date packages for my distro.  I
can't wait for kitchensync to come out, and would gladly beta that for
them but can't seem to find the page to sign up LOL.

I have over 200 entries in my address book under Evolution for family
alone, and REALLY don't want to enter them all by hand.  I really wish
that evolution had a client for palms all by itself anyway, as my client
that is stock with my palm has no entries for anniversaries.  I don't
need to sync my email, just the contacts portion.

Is there a step by step way to get gnome-pilot to work? The interface
alone is really hard to use, as it wants to know what cradle I have, and
as far as I know, they don't make one for mine.  Do I just put in the
Palm device hotsync name?  Do I run the kpilot hotsync, then have to run
the gnomepilot one seperately and how, from inside Evolution? or will it
run fine through kpilot? kpilot seems to say it has an option to use
evolution conduits to hotsync with a Palm, but as far as I can tell,
hasn't been.

Very confusing sometimes, but I am willing to try suggestions. Kind of
need my palm for just about everything.  Would help a lot to get the
contacts to sync up so I can find phone numbers and things without
entering the changes by hand every night.