Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4 missing folders/emails following SuSE 10 install

hi bob,

Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2006, 14:33 -0600 schrieb Bob W. Anderson:
I cannot send or receive messages with Evolution (2.4.0) since I did a clean
install of SuSE 10.0.

if you take a look into your account settings (edit | preferences), what
do they say? is this about POP or IMAP accounts?

fyi: firefox is not a gnome application, so it's not significant. :-/

My saved /home/bob folder was only partially restored after the install.

what do you mean by "restored"? what are you missing (because you wrote
"partially")?

Contacts are ok,

you only have one addressbook i assume?

but none of the folders or individual saved messages  will
display.   Is there something I'm missing  that will retrieve the data and
allow email functions to return?  If not, will Kmail import my Contacts?

no idea what kmail supports. you can export evolution's contacts to
vcf/vcard (mark all contacts and then choose save as) and csv (on the
shell).

anyway, evolution stores your data in $HOME/.evolution/, your account
settings in $HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution and your passwords in
$HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution, so perhaps something is busted in your
gconf settings. :-/
are your mails still there (e.g. for POP accounts, check
$HOME/.evolution/mail/local)?

cheers,
andre

--