Re: [Evolution] best way to sync evolution on 2 computers

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 12:43 -0500, Matt Price wrote:
Hi victor,
[snip]
thanks so much for this.  Two questions:
-I'm not quite sure what the /some/path/** lines signify -- are they
different from /some/path/* ?
This is in the rsync format-- check the rsync man page for details. In
short, * only matches until the next "/", whereas ** matches through any
number of nested directories.

-Is it necessary to stop/restart the evolution-data-server before &
after synchronizing?  If so, how do you do it (I can imagine a script
that logs in remotely, executes a script on the remote server, logs
out, then proceeds to sync)?

I do it, and on both machines, just to be safe. I quit the evolution
windows, and then run:
evolution --force-shutdown
which seems to shut down the data server

Cheers,

Victor