Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4.2-1 ( Debian Unstable) does notconnect to Exchange server

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 03:12 -0600, Sushma Rai wrote:
On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 19:02 -0500, Bhaskar, KS wrote:

[KSB] <...snip...>

2. If I try creating a new account with evolution (bypassing
ximian-connector-setup) it gets to the screen with server type.  I
select Microsoft Exchange, and am prompted for the userid, but the
Forward button remains greyed out no matter what I try.

I have tried entering my userid in the form domain\userid as well
as
just userid.  With evolution 2.0.4, both of them work.

Looks like exchange pluign is not enabled.
go to Edit -> plugins and enable exchange-operations plugin.
With that, you will get another entry for entering your OWA URL.
Enter the user name and OWA url values, as you enter in OWA (browser)
and authenticate. After the successful authentication, forward
button
gets enabled.

[KSB] Sushma, this doesn't work.  First, to enable the Exchange plugin,
I first had to configure an IMAP server because without a mail service
configured, you can't get to the evolution menu.  After configuring an
IMAP server, I turned on the Exchange plugin, and tried configuring an
Exchange service.  It gives me the screen where I can enter a username
and an OWA URL, but it refused to authenticate.

I tried to cancel, but evolution refused to cancel, so I had to use
--force-shutdown.  Now, when I start up evolution, here's what I get:

debian weinersm:~$ evolution &
[1] 17058
debian weinersm:~$
(evolution:17058): e-utils-WARNING **: can't load plugin
'/usr/lib/evolution/2.4/components/libevolution-mail.so: undefined
symbol: WriteFacexb'
adding hook target 'source'

(evolution:17058): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called with
NULL parameter.

(evolution:17058): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_gc_set_foreground: assertion
`GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed

Within evolution, the exchange plugin is again unchecked (even though I
previously checked it)  So, I suspect the problem has to do with the
plugin.  What now?  Thank you very much.

-- Bhaskar