Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4.2-1 ( Debian Unstable) does not connect to Exchange server

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 19:02 -0500, Bhaskar, KS wrote:
I have evolution 2.0.4-2 (from Debian Stable) running on a machine that
is mostly Debian Testing with some packages from Debian Unstable, and it
connects just fine to an Exchange server.  (However, it is not very
robust in that clicking on Calendar causes it to crash.)  Related
packages are evolution-data-server 1.0.4-1 and evolution-exchange
2.0.4-1.

File a bug with the gdb stack traces for the calendar crash.
See http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces for more details.

Another PC, running Debian Unstable with evolution 2.4.2.1-1,
evolution-data-server 1.4.2.1-1, evolution-exchange 2.4.2-1 and
evolution-plugins 2.4.2.1-1 fails to connect to the same Exchange server
with the same user id.  Here are the symptoms:

1. If I use ximian-connector-setup-2.4, it sets up the account exactly
the same on the PC that doesn't connect as ximian-connector-setup-2.0
does on the PC that does connect.  However, when I start up evolution
and try connecting to the server, I get:

  Enter password  (I enter the correct password).

  It says Scanning folders...  and then

  Enter password (I again enter the correct password).

  It says Error while Scanning folders in Exchange server...
    Could not authenticate to serve.  (Password incorrect?)

I don't think account setup using x-c-s works in 2.4.x.

2. If I try creating a new account with evolution (bypassing
ximian-connector-setup) it gets to the screen with server type.  I
select Microsoft Exchange, and am prompted for the userid, but the
Forward button remains greyed out no matter what I try.

I have tried entering my userid in the form domain\userid as well as
just userid.  With evolution 2.0.4, both of them work.

Looks like exchange pluign is not enabled.
go to Edit -> plugins and enable exchange-operations plugin.
With that, you will get another entry for entering your OWA URL.
Enter the user name and OWA url values, as you enter in OWA (browser)
and authenticate. After the successful authentication, forward button
gets enabled.

Thanx muchly in advance.

-- Bhaskar