Re: [Evolution] ISO8859-15 encoding and Evolution text messages

On lun, 2006-02-27 at 09:51 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Sounds to me like the mails are getting mangled by some third-party mail
software somewhere because Evolution ALWAYS tags the charset on outgoing
mail.
May be, I'll make some check this night (after exiting the firewall) with some other mail server, but...
Also, I noticed that the Content-Transfer-Encoding was "8BIT", Evolution
would say "8bit" not "8BIT" so this definitely suggests mangling by some
other software - perhaps you should check your mail server software?
Mail server (it is a corporate one) don't mangle text from any other mail client (I've tried, on this very server, Mozilla 1.x, Thunderbird and Pine) and text encoding was preserved... and I noticed the same with 1.4.x using another mail server last year...

So, if the problem is not reproducible on other mail server, I'll be more than happy to file a bug against my mail server (after all, my company produce it), but I need some confirmation from outside...

Nobody else can reproduce the problem? It appears anytime I send messages with an ISO8859-x charset...

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 15:29 +0100, Giacomo Tufano wrote:
> I just discovered (by some angry reply to my messages) that evolution
>
> Apparently in the message evo sends the character code header is missing
> and the text is encoded UTF-8, whatever the coding I choose in the
> program.
Thank you,
gt