Re: [Evolution] Can't create subfolder

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 14:15 +1100, Michael Abbott wrote:
Hi,

I have an inbox that looks somewhat like this:

Inbox
+ Mailing Lists

This only seems to have happened recently:  when I right-click 'Mailing
Lists' and select 'New Folder', the 'Create folder' dialogue doesn't
automatically go to 'Mailing Lists'.  If I type in a Folder name and
manually go to the 'Mailing Lists' folder, the 'Create' button is grayed
out, so I'm not able to make a new folder.

The only thing that is probably unusual in this case is that my machine
crashed whilst Evo was open, and I'm currently running Evo after having
started up the machine again.  Is it possible that it has loaded my
Inbox in some kind of read-only state?  Note that new e-mails do arrive
within my folder structure so it only appears to be the folder structure
that can't be changed.

Any idea what could cause this?

Sorry to bug everyone on this again, I'm hoping the above got lost in
the clutter (and I realise everyone's busy ;)...  Evolution has
continued to run in this "read-only folders" state.

I'm really lost as to what's causing this.  I've been receiving e-mails
fine for the past while, I just haven't been able to create new folders,
etc. whenever I subscribe to a new mailing list.

I've tried having a look at all the files under ~/.evolution to see what
could possibly be causing this but haven't come up with anything
concrete.  The entire file structure appears to have the correct
attributes and all the config files look okay (admittedly to my noob
eyes ;)...

If worst comes to worse would purging evolution and then copying my mail
back in possibly help with this?

Thanks,
- Mab