Re: [Evolution] Paste not working in replies?

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 01:25 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
hi kevin,

Am Sonntag, den 19.02.2006, 14:36 -0500 schrieb Kevin B. O'Brien:
For some reason it appears that Paste does not work in Evolution, but
only when I am trying to copy something from a Reply. The scenario would
be that I am replying to a message, realize that I need to start over,
but if I try to copy and paste from one reply to another it won't work
at all.

does this refer to the body, to the subject, or a recipients field?
when pasting, do you use the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+v), the main menu
item, the context menu item or the central mouse button?

i won't test all those just trying to reproduce your bug, that's why i
asked. :-)

It is in the body, and it happens both with the keyboard shortcuts and
with the pulldown Edit menu selections.

Of course, just now I tried copying and pasting within this reply and it worked fine.

OK, I see how this works now. If I discard the first reply, that seems to also clear out anything I have
copied at the same time. So when I then start a new reply and try to paste in what I copied before, there is
nothing to copy anymore.
But if I leave the first reply open while starting the second reply, I can copy and paste just fine. Odd
behavior, but now that I know how it works I guess I can work with it.

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
zwilnik zwilnik com