Re: [Evolution] Building 2.4.2.1 from tgz file

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 07:26:07PM -0800, Ron Eggler (Mobile) wrote:
I have this perverse desire to install software from source files
whenever possible. Thus, I've tried to install the latest version of
evolution on my SuSE 10.0 laptop. Unfortunately, when I configure, the
routine stalls and tells me camel-provider 1.2 isn't installed. It is,
so I use export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/~ to point the configure script to the
right directory for the lib file. I run the configure script again, and
this time it stalls, saying I don't have gnome-icon-theme -- which I do.
So I point the configure script to that, and it stalls again on
camel-provider. Which leads me to conclude I can point to only one
altered config path for each time I run the configure script. Is there
some way around this? I've never run into this before -- usually, I've
only come up with one "you don't have this software" message. So it's
been easy to deal with.

Can noone provide some further help?

Off the top of my head: can't you do PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/some/path:/other/path ?

    Ben