[Evolution] lost contacts

Hi all...
since some day I have a problem with gnome, and today I've decided to
solve it drastically removing all .gnome .gnome2 .gconf etc directories.
Now gnome functions but Evolution has lost all my addresbooks except the
"Personal" (I have it in italian, I suppose the translation is right,
but in anycase it is the default addressbook).
I'm now trying to import the other ones, i've fount that
in .evolution/addressbook/local are some folders with my contacts. The
problem is that the import procedure doesn't recognize those files...
Do you have a suggestion, please?
thanks anyone reading these lines
Nic