Re: [Evolution] how to recover lost calendar data

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 04:54 -0800, maypom.m (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
I use evolution 2.0.4 on fedora.
It crashed and now all my calendar data has disappeared. Stupidly
enough my back-up is too old to be any useful.
Emails and contacts dont seem to have been affected. I don't use tasks
so I cant say if anything happened to them.

It is quite possible that you may NOT have lost your calendar data at
all, but it is merely "invisible".  I'm interpreting from your statement
"my calendar _data_ disappeared" that you mean your calendar is still
visible, yet it appears to be empty (all appointments are missing,
etc.).

If so, I had the same problem on an install of Evo 2.2 last year.  My
symptoms were the same -- E-mail and contacts were fine, but my calendar
data was gone (and so were tasks in my case, as I use them also).

To see if you're experience a similar problem, try the following test:

What happens if you attempt to create a new appointment in your
calendar?  Does it disappear immediately or does it stay visible?

Regardless, what is the status of your calendar storage file, usually
located at:
~/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics

(at least on newer versions of Evo)

~ Greg