Re: [Evolution] Evolution: how to check the incoming mails?

hi alberto,

Am Sonntag, den 05.02.2006, 13:06 +0100 schrieb Alberto Zeni:
In order not to spread viruses I'd like to check the incoming mails,
managed by Evolution.
I have, also, installed ClamAv antivirus along with its frontend ClamTk.
My Evolution version is 2.4.1. Does it have a built in support for
ClamAv?

no, it does not. only spamassassin support for junk filtering is built
in.

Or, do I need to install another suitable software (amavisd-new ?)
Unfortunately my knowledge of such things is low, so, I'll be grateful
to you if you give me a helping hand about the right procedure.

using clamav is definitely possible by using evolution filters, but i
myself have never used a virus scanner.
after installing clamav, you can add a message filter in evolution
("edit | message filters"). under "If", choose "Pipe to Program", add
the path to the virus scanner (e.g. "/usr/bin/clamscan", i don't know
clamav so i'm just guessing), and add "returns: 1" (i assume). under
"Then", you can for example choose to move the infected mails to a
seperate folder followed by a "Stop Processing" rule. if you put that
filter rule on the top of your filters, it should work.

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!