Re: [Evolution] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Folder for sent mail?

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 22:10 +0100, Heiko Jansen wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> 14.12.06 21.13 Uhr >>>
If you don't have clear matching rules then you need to search on a
case-by-case basis. I don't see how any mail client can avoid that
(including Gmail). This applies whether your folders are real or
virtual.

I simply want to be able to stuff my outgoing mail in certain folders:
the
same in which I put the "related" incoming mails.

I _do_ usually know where I want to put that mail (so copying has
seldom
been necessary before switching toi GW) but IÂm very much in doubt
that
I could _fomalize_ that knowledge in rules because the "relation" is
anything from "partners belong to certain institution" to
"conversation on
certain topic" or even a mixture of both.

Having both outgoing and incoming mails in the same folder allows
for nice threaded views of the conversation.
This is possible with SMTP accounts and IMAP accounts but not with
GW unless I copy the mail manually form the Sent Mail folder to where
it belongs....
vFolders in my opinion are very nice for certain tasks ("show me all
mails
with category xyz from all folders" and the like) but not if the
intended
grouping is rather abstract.
I donÂt think I can describe my intention/whishes better so possibly
we should
just end this discussion here.

Yes, I have the feeling we're talking at cross purposes here. For
example, nothing I've said has anything to do with Groupwise (I use
IMAP) but that's clearly your major concern.

Thx for your effort and ideas

Any time.

poc