Re: [Evolution] Keyboard shortcut for Next unread message in another folder

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 11:10 +0530, Sankar P wrote:
On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 16:24 +0100, Miguel Lahoz wrote:
Hi,

The current keyboard shortcut to go to the next unread message doesn't
work between folders. Is this the expected behavior? Is this a bug? Is
there any way to do this (configuration/plugin/hack)?

How about, creating a search folder for unread messages ?

Feh, this is a very old pet-peeve of mine, from clear back in the
pre-1.0 evolution days.

IMO, search folders are a pretty poor substitute for being able to
navigate between folders via the keyboard (which nearly every other
email or news client on the planet, except evolution, has implemented).

When you create a search folder which includes unread messages in a
collection of other folders, you've just thrown away a bunch of context
for reading the messages (i.e. which folder they come from).

I use evolution to read nntp news, and I also pre-sort my email into
various mailing-list folders on the server.  So I read different folders
*very* differently.  Some folders, I read every message, while other
folders, I just scan over the thread structure, and only read if I see a
thread pattern I find interesting.  In addition, I read some folders
multiple times daily, while others, I only skim once per week.

I get literally thousands of new messages per day between M/Ls and nntp,
and just stuffing them all into an "unread" folder doesn't work at all.

--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>