Re: [Evolution] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Folder for sent mail?

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 20:57 +0100, Heiko Jansen wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> 14.12.06 17.43 Uhr >>>
Hi Patrick - just to clarify my point of view: My wish is not
limited to
organize communication with a certain correspondent. I have, e.g.,
folders
organized by certain topics or by institutions (with multiple
correspondents, and not all of which I know in advance). Admittedly
this
makes it sometimes difficult for me to decide in which folder a
mail goes
(yeah, I know, copying is old fashioned...)

With vFolders you don't have to decide. That's the point. The same
message can be in multiple places if it answers to multiple
criteria.

Yep. But that works only if I have clear matching rules or if I
manually apply
categories to the mails. vFolders are nice but in my eyes are much
harder to
maintain than "real" folders for what I want to achieve.

If you don't have clear matching rules then you need to search on a
case-by-case basis. I don't see how any mail client can avoid that
(including Gmail). This applies whether your folders are real or
virtual.

poc