Re: [Evolution] How to avoid "Return receipt"?

On Sunday 10 December 2006 12:09 am, Peter Gordon wrote:
Firstly, go into your account preferences dialog (Edit --> Preferences
--> Mail Accounts). From there, select your account and then select
"Edit" from the buttons on the right; and go to the "Defaults" tab.
There is a section called "Message Receipts" at the bottom of that page,
wherein you can set the choice to "Never" (read receipt requests are
simply ignored), "Always" (read receipts are always sent if they are
requested of by the sender) or "Ask for each message" (you will be
prompted on a per-message basis to send or not to send the read
receipt).

Hello Peter,

Thanks for that !!   You know, I always thought that was for outgoing messages
(whether or not  I wanted to request receipts... always, never etc)..

Ok, I did a couple of tests but it seems It won't  work with a MS Exchange
account (using the connector of course).  The first strange thing I noticed
was that the option was set to "NEVER" (default) but I've been doing tests
for a couple of days and it always sent the receipt.  I changed it now to
"Ask" and went to other mail account of mine and sent an email to this
Exchange account (asking  for receipt).  NOw when I receive the email I'm
notified that it is requesting receipt (that's good to know) and then I'll
click "don't send" .  The problem is that, when I go to the other account, I
see the receipt confirmation :(

I guess the receipt option in Evolution is mainly for POP3 accounts where your
client is the one who's going to send the receipt.  It seems that in a
Exchange environment as soon as you request to read the body of the message,
the server IS the one who's going to send the receipt (and therefore it won't
matter what options you have in your client).

Thanks!
Jorge