Re: [Evolution] Evolution multilingual spellchecking in Debian Etch (Newbie).

hi brian,

Am Sonntag, den 03.12.2006, 22:06 +0100 schrieb Brian Durant:
I have gnome-spell 1.0.7.1

OK, I have both aspell-en and aspell-da. I can't find any aspell-id in
the Debian repository.

then poke the debian guys to provide it, because that is the easiest
way.

OK, I have the gnome-spell package and aspell without using ZENworks.
As far as Red Carpet is concerned, I thought it was defunct after
Novell bought out Ximian. Sorry, but I still don't understand how to
get an aspell-id package except maybe through this URL :
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/id/ I don't really see how this
help file is any more helpful for a newbie as there are absolutely no
instructions (as quoted) that explains the process of installing extra
dictionaries.

you answered this yourself already: "I can't find any aspell-id in
the Debian repository." - using the repository is the normal way to
install extra dictionaries.
so if debian does not provide .deb packages for aspell-id, then i guess
you have to compile the .tar.bz2 files yourself, yes. :-/

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-spell/gnome-spell/dictionary.c?r1=1.38&r2=1.39

I really don't understand what I am looking at or how this will help
only thing i can say is that according to
http://aspell.sourceforge.net/man-html/Supported.html ,
indonesian is definitely supported. me to get Indonesian "aspell"
working.

that last link does not help you, it was just a reference *why* you need
gnome-spell *1.0.7* for indonesian ("just for the records", so to say).

 Is what I did with trying to compile and
install aspell5-id-1.2-0.tar.bz2 correct? Should I have used
aspell-id-0.50.1-0.tar.bz2 instead? Or do I need to do something
totally different?

i don't know either what "aspell5" is here - a good question to the
folks that upload those packages. :-/

cheers,
andre

--