Re: [Evolution] Evolution multilingual spellchecking in Debian Etch (Newbie).

hi brian,

Am Sonntag, den 03.12.2006, 17:53 +0100 schrieb Brian Durant:
I just installed Debian Etch (rc1) on an IBM A50p and am trying to
wrap my head around multilingual spellchecking in Evolution (2.6.3). I
managed to get English and Danish spell checking to work by installing
aspell, ispell, myspell, and ienglish, idanish and gnome-spell.

My problem is that I would like to get Indonesian spellchecking to
work as well.

you need gnome-spell >= 1.0.7 to have indonesian spell-checking in
evolution [1].

 As I don't know which spelling system Evolution uses

make sure you have gnome-spell >= 1.0.7, aspell and aspell-XX (where XX
is your locale, for example aspell-en for US English or aspell-en-uk for
British English) installed, depending on your distribution package
system. Evolution does not use myspell, ispell or the OpenOffice.org
dictionaries.

and because the Evolution documentation refers to using Ximian Red
Carpet (!!!) to install extra dictionaries,

this is a bit better in the evolution 2.8 documentation, it now says:
"To choose a spell-checking language, select it here. You must install
the gnome-spell package, available through ZENworks(TM) Linux
Management, for spell-checking to be available in Evolution. Additional
dictionaries are also available through Red Carpet(TM) and are detected
automatically if you have installed them. You must also install the
aspell package. If this is the case, please contact your packager."

cheers,
andre

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-spell/gnome-spell/dictionary.c?r1=1.38&r2=1.39
--