[Evolution] Feature request : network activity status display

Hi,

I'm using evolution 2.6.2 on gentoo x86. Previously, I have been a
long-time user of sylpheed-claws. All my email (2 Gb) is located on an
IMAP server. Given the size of some of my folders, activities can be
slow, depending on my network connectivity.

I miss a network traffic status display in the foot window. It shall
display what happens in the background (syncing folderX, getting body of
msgY, emptying trash, etc).

Sometimes, evo appears to hang, but it is just doing some background
network activity. Having a status display would help to understand what
happens. The blinking network LED is not enough.

Or is there some plugin I did miss ?
TIA,
Charles

--