Re: [Evolution] Nit Pic -- Saving Sent messages in separate folders? - [NOT SOLVED]

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 11:16 -0400, William Case wrote:
First I filter messages that come in from an ISP account that is for
personal mail only:
"Source Account is William Case <wmcase rogers com>(Personal)
 Move to Folder Bill (Personal)" then;
"Subject Contains Creativity+
 Move to Folder Bill (Personal)/C+TM" and;
"Subject Contains Westboro TM
 Move to Folder Bill (Personal)/TM Westboro"

Thanks for picking up this topic.  I just spent 10-15 minutes sorting
and cleaning my Sent folder.

(sorry for the double-post)

So, it seems you have not been filtering based on a contacts list, but
rather a subject header; Your first incoming filter condition ('Source
Account is ...') is still applicable, and can be used for an outgoing
filter rule, for any instances where your click either of the Reply
buttons.  In fact, the same holds true for these other two rules.

By the way, the fact that you have a separate account for personal mail,
means a much simpler way to keep it separated exists:  specify personal
(i.e., unique) drafts and sent folders (in
Preferences->AccountEditor->Defaults).  This will keep your personal and
work files physically separated.

Although you might not think it neat and pretty on the Evolution
sidebar, I would highly recommend the use of search folders -- that is,
once you have high/low traffic and/or personal/professional files
separated to your liking.  Search folders can be organized into their
own hierarchy of sub-folders (giving you a nice visual queue), and can
also be limited to specific folders ('Personal-Inbox' +
'Personal-Drafts' + 'Personal-Sent', for instance).  Too much move/copy
can be slow, space-consuming, and problematic when Evolution hiccups.