Re: [Evolution] automatically genereted contacts

hi jo,

Am Sonntag, den 13.08.2006, 13:59 -0400 schrieb me stesso:
at lest in the release 2.4.6 you can tell evolution to automatically
add a contact to your address book at any replay you perform.
(options--> mail preferences-->>..... )

2.4.2.1 was the latest 2.4.x release afaik.

question: is it possible to tell evolution to pick up *every address*
containd in the incoming mail and to put it in the contacts file?

My problem is that after restored my system, i have succesfully
imported the old mbox to the new installation, but i have lost my
contacts. Is there a smarter way other than  tape my self everything?

i always wonder why people ask a question (auto import all email
addresses) totally unrelated to their problem (restoring their address
books)... :-)

do you have a backup? if so, which exact folders did you backup?
~/.evolution, ~/.gconf, or even entire $HOME? what exactly did you do,
transfer evo to a different harddisk/partition? how many address books
did you have? please be a bit more specific so we can try to help you.

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!