[Evolution] Many Q's

Hello group,

I have tons of questions about usage issues with Evo.  I really like it, though some quirks are getting a little annoying.

Maybe some on this list can help : )

First, I will give a quick list of what I want in a mail app.
I want it to handle IMAP.
I want it to handle Usenet.
I would like HTML email support for at least reading.

I used Thunderbird for a while.  It is a really good MUA.  However what drove me away is the fact Thunderbird has ZERO kill-file support for Usenet.  I read a lot of active news groups and want to filter out trolls.  The only way to do that in Thunderbird is to enter the trolls email as a filter and then exit Thunderbird and delete the newsgroups files and re-download the newsgroup headers/articles.  Not very user friendly.

Evo doesn't seem to delete the newsgroup posts either, however it at least hides them.  Is there a way to make Evo actually delete the headers and bodies of Usenet posts?  Expunge doesn't do diddly in a newsgroup folder.

Evo doesn't fill in the To: field for newsgroups.  How the heck do I send posts to newsgroups?  I can select a message in a newsgroup and click reply and it works. However if I have the newsgroup folder selected and click New, I get an empty email with no TO:.  I tried putting in news:alt.foo and alt.foo in the To: field but the message just went to my inbox (I am using Postfix).  So with Evo and newsgroups I can reply to posts or if I want a new post I would have to hijack a thread which borks everyones threading and gets me yelled at : )

Is there anyway to make evo more "smart" with regards to HTML email?  For example I have two accounts.  An IMAP account and a Usenet account in Evo.  I want to be able to send HTML email to family and to work and plain text to Usenet and mailing lists.  I know I can click Format -> HTML or ALT+M+M, however that gets old real quick for each emai/post.   Can I tell Evo to start in plain text or auto-switch to plain text depending on the recipients or the account?

Does Evo (or gnome/gtk+) support key bindings for widgets/controls such as the treeview?  For example in MS Win I can press the right arrow key to expand a node in a treeview or press left to collapse it.  I have not found any key combo to accomplish this in Evo.  It is a real PITA to have to take my hands off the keyboard just to expand collapse a node.  Left and right arrow keys work fine in Thunderbird under Linux.

Does Evo support changing key bindings?  For example under View menu I can click "Expand all threads".  However, again it is a PITA to have to do two clicks to expand/collapse a thread.  Sylpheed-Claws lets me highlight a menu item and press a key combo to make a new shortcut key.  I tried that in Evo and it didn't work.

Is there a way to make Evo use *less* memory?  I thought Thunderbird/Firefox were bad.  Here is a screenshot:
http://keeliegirl.dyndns.org/temp/Evo-Mem.png

I hope it doesn't sound like I am bashing Evo.  I *really* like it.  However the quirks make me get tired of using it after 2-3 weeks and I "switch" to Thunderbird.  Thunderbirds poor Usenet support makes me "switch" 2-3 weeks later to Evo.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Thanks for any help,

Jim
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
JimD