RE: [Evolution] Re: exchange connector slowness ...

Hi,

A  me-too post. I do not use IMAP or virtual folders, have a snappy OWA response using Firefox, but for daily
use I run a W2K VMWare session with Outlook 2000 to handle my email as the Evolution response is (nearly)
unworkable.

I have the impression that for some reason Evolution (or the Exchange Connector) is waiting for a response of
the Exchange server that either never comes or it just plain missed. After an unknown  certain time it
retries, gets the answer and than suddenly starts working:  Evolution waits, than suddenly runs, than waits,
than suddenly runs, waits again, runs again etc.

The problem occurs on startup but also while browsing my folders. If I use alt+[ for jumping to the next
unread message it can take up to 5 minutes to actually show the body of the message  (the subject is already
in my (threaded) window).

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.