[Evolution] exchange connector slowness ...

I am just starting to use Evolution (2.4.0 from SUSE10) and mostly
like it very much. However, I have the exchange connector configured,
and there are some things that really bug me.

1)when I start evolution for the 1st time after booting the PC, it is
SO SLOOOOOW! It takes forever for it to be ready to display my
messages. I *think* I have it configured to download messages for
offline use, so I don't understand why it would take 1/2 hour and more
to refresh new messages, etc ... and why, even if it is "downloading
new" messages, do I have to wait for that to complete, before I can
read/work with older messages?

(and I am talking about even when I have a full lan speed connection
to the OWA server, and the Global catalogue server is nearby as well.
In fact, it seems almost no faster to being "ready" while on the lan,
then it does when I am at home, with only an internet connection.

2)Is it possible to have the GroupWise connector installed at the same
time as the exchange connector? I have exchange at work, but customers
with GroupWise and it would be nice to get a feel for how that works

Thanx!

Peter

--

A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long
be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence agst. foreign

James Madison
Constitutional Convention (June 29, 1787)