Re: [Evolution] how do I train Evolution in junk detection ?

G'Day, Rod Butcher!
A combination of 1's and 0's
created the following on Sunday 25 September 2005 05:29 pm:

greetings from sunny Sydney. I'm using Evolution 2.4, compiled from
source on a Mandrake 10 box. I've been using the "mark messages as junk"
junk button to train Evolution in junk detection.. so far +- 200 junk
emails.. I have the options selected (edit -> preferences -> mail
preferences -> junk) for automatic local and remote junk filtering on
input, but Evolution never seems to learn - similar junk mails keep
appearing in my inbox, I keep junk-buttoning them.  I read in the user
guide that Evolution uses Spam Assassin.. I had assumed that this was
now built-in to Evolution. Wrong assumption ? Do I have to install S-A
separately ? Or do I train it through some other path ?
thanks
Rod

It was grey and cloudy all day in Wollongong. Yech.
On Mandriva LE2005 w/ Gnome 2.12 installed, using Evo 2.4.
For whatever reason, mine initially was doing the same. So I backed up
the .evolution folder, renamed the old one (it's been updated/upgraded since
the Evo 1.4 days) and restarted Evo to create a new one. Plonked all my old
mail back in place where it was supposed to go, and it's working properly
now. Don't ask why, still not sure. I had thought it might have been some
"junk" from the older versions of Evo cluttering up and confusing the "new"
Evo...coulda been solar flares as well...

real byte computers
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389
illawarra and regional new south wales
Linux 2.6.11-12mdk AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ GNU/Linux
windows/mac/linux home and business solutions
fix it right. fix it now. fix it right now.
"Pull the trigger and you're garbage."
-- Lady Blue
** Real Byte Computers ** Verified Virus Free **