Re: [Evolution] mailsync question

Hi Andre,

I got the lastest multisync, well actually it seems that the original
multisync project has been replaced by opensync (see:

                        http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensync

which has multisync-0.90 as the current version).  In any event, after
building and installing, the GUI looks the same as multisync-0.80.  I
set both ends of the synchronization pair to evol2 and synced.  It
didn't work.   After posting to the opensync list (see

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8607836&forum_id=44467

)
it seems that:

1.  Currently there is no plugin to handle sychronization between two
hosts (e.g., a desktop and laptop).

2.  There is no support for syncing mailboxes in any event.

3.  Setting things up the way I did leads to some corruption of the
calendar (I got some double entries, although only for a few days--go
figure).

So, I guess this is a request for a feature; how hard would it be to
have a plugin that would synchronize two hosts?  Is this an evolution or
opensync request?

One evolution issue that comes up is that evolution seems to have
problems dealing with out of sync indices.  After I run mailsync on
evolutions mbox mail folders, evolution always complains about "error
saving ...".  I suppose that this isn't a surprise since mailsync isn't
evolution aware and only works on the mbox files.  The funny thing is
that multisync seems to fix the problem, even though it doesn't sync
mailboxes.

David