Re: [Evolution] Evolution Suddenly Stops Working?

Hi,

Can you try to get the gdb traces when it stops working.
(http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces)

Thanks,
Sushma.

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 07:19 +1000, Paul Trevethan wrote:
Hi,
I have been happily chugging along here using Evolution 2.4 on Ubuntu
'Breezy' for a few weeks now without any problem.

Suddenly the other day it stopped loading?!

I have tried loading from the icon on the taskbar that I set up, as
well as from the menu and from a terminal command line. Nothing works!
No errors from the command line - it just returns a prompt.

I have re-installed all 'evolution' related files using Synaptic and I
have tried moving my $HOME/.evolution out of the way to see if it would
start anew. Nothing! Nothing I have tried gets any different result.

There have been no crashes of the machine and everything else continues
to work as normal.

Obviously from my header you can see I am using Sylpheed as a backup,
so mail is working ok. I would much rather have my Evolution back
though.

If anyone has a suggestion for what I can try next to even diagnose the
problem, I would appreciate the guidance.

Cheers,
Paul.